Babywearing is a centuries old practice of wearing your baby during your day to day activities. Parents, grandparents and care givers have been wearing babies and children of many centuries all over the world. In every culture there are accounts of babywearing in different carrying devices.
Benefits of babywearing:
- strengthens bond between a parent or caregiver and a baby;
- decreases the risk of SIDS;
- promotes baby's neural development;
- allows care givers and parents to perform their daily activities "hands-free";
- soothes the baby;
- helps to prevent postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety.